LeapFILE has helped many of our customers in the medical field stay HIPAA compliant with its easy-to-use yet extremely secure features.
What does it mean to be HIPAA compliant?
- To ensure that “Business Associates” who are involved with transmitting and storing any protected health information (PHI), on behalf of the medical institution, must comply with the HIPAA security notifications. [AMA]
- The Security Rule in HIPAA regulations specifically requires practices to “ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of electronic PHI.” [AMA]
Here’s how LeapFILE can help you:
- LeapFILE is reliable and secure.
- When you send a file through LeapFILE, all files are secured with AES 256 encryption. You can choose to make your email or messages private as well if you have sensitive information in addition to the attached files you want to send.
- All files uploaded to LeapFILE are stored on SSAE-16 & ISO 27001 certified data centers.
- LeapFILE is simple and hassle-free – and we want it that way for both you and your clients.
- Your clients don’t even need their own LeapFILE accounts – just valid email addresses.
- Once your client receives their file, they will receive a secure download link in their inbox. Your client will then be redirected to your own branded file exchange site and authorize themselves as the correct recipient, before securely downloading their files.
- Your clients can even securely send files back to you – without signing up for an account! Simply direct them your branded file exchange site, where they can directly upload their own files and transfer it back to you.
- You can read more about our security features here.
We can help your business stay HIPAA compliant – the simple and secure way. Ask us about LeapFILE today!
Senior Account Manager